Inside Me (Unimaginative)



I had to stop and take a breath,
I had to comprehend that's it's not about me.
They say there's always a light at the very end of the tunnel.
I couldn't reach mine 'cause I was hurting, hurting too much to try.

A roll of the dice changed how we feel,
who would have thought that a life of love
will be shallowed by all these hoaxes.

Had to realize the hard way that life ain't fair,
I am not that wise to know all the answers to the whys
but all I know is that I should have kept you tighter that time.

Another fail in the bucket list,
but how am I supposed to learn if I don't fail?
Some believe it's too cliché to live this way,
but who can speak for me if I can't do it?

I had to stop and think over the things we did.
I don't seem to understand where we missed it.
They say life gets in the way for things we don't lust a lot.
I couldn't save time 'cause I was tying to save you, save you from what I caused.

Forced to stand on my own two feet,
forget what I learned and start over again.
I was not that plucky but I didn't recoil,
I am sorry for all the bad I brought.

So, I had to stop again and take one more breath,
reconsider where we sail because I am scared that we sink here and there.
I thought about it a lot and had some conversations about love.
I keep you safe inside me, and I can't stop loving you
just because we can't syncopate.

I was terrified that we reached a point where
we aren't able to read each other's heart
and we have to read between the lines.
Love sometimes works in strange ways, but
we are scared 'cause it can fade like the paint on the walls.
I don't want us to vanish like this,
so simplistically and unimaginative.

So, I take one more breath, I erase the negative parts and rewind.

Comments

Popular Posts