Should Have Known Better



From the balcony I was looking at you -
and I planned in my mind all the things we could be.
Like an Olympian God that machinates against all the odds.

It felt so reviving that you caught me by surprise.
I hid under the sheet to cover my face, 'cause
I was embarrassed that if you look me in the eyes
 you'll see the secret of Eden I held so tight.

Please, I said, come with me.
Let's ride and get in town.
I need to learn a few things about you,
I do need to get to know you more.

Why do we pretend we are strangers when we share a life?
You know I can't stop wandering around your body
while you sleep in my bed.
So calm and peaceful you were, it was glamorizing.

And you are able to solve the equations I can't even think about.
I am still making a fool out of you cause I can't understand...

I looked at you through the rear view.
You held the papers so tight
I could feel the warmth between your fingers.
I wished I could be held in there
and feel the love you could give me,
but how could I be such a fool to think that it is the right thing to do?

Should have known better that life ain't fair,
but I couldn't find the right words to talk about it.
Should have known better that love ain't fair,
but how could I know when I never met before someone like you?

But, now I do.
I do.
I do know all the things I said I never knew.

So, I tip-toed to see you naked for one last night.
Please, don't let me here, I prayed.
You held in me in your arms like the moon holds the earth in its orbiting place.

But, like a flower I withered  when you left -
and I was standing still watching the fire burning.
The tears are falling down on my pale cheeks.
I do know the things I wish I knew,
but can I forget?
It hurts,
but I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts