Oh, mother.


Dear mother,

it's been a long time and I miss you,
there are parts of me you never knew,
but what's the point in this cruel world
if we don't trust each other and be free?

I speak out my mind,
tonight I am crazy,
tomorrow I will be nothing.
I've been on drugs,
I've been on alcohol and I couldn't find the answer to the whys
but I know a place where I can comfort and find the truth,
in the island of your embrace.

Dear mother,

the sweet things we were talking about,
I'm gone now in the dark sides of myself,
I need your island to my life,
I need a shore to anchor my weary life.

Dear mother,

I can't tell you my secret,
not that I am afraid but I'm keeping you safe,
I'm keeping you safe in my heart shapped locket,
I let you to remember the child I was.
I love you but I've been mad for a long time,
I sink the islands and I have nothing but yours.

Comments

Popular Posts