Lungs



Open up, be at the top of your lungs.
Inhale the toxic atmosphere.
Exhale the hate you kept inside.
Happily aggressive 'cause you didn't let me go on as I am,
but you tried to save me at last.

Can't break the circle I am in.
I tried a hundred times, 
but I could not break free.

Why am I still surprised? 
I should have learned life ain't always fine.

Can't break the circle I am in.
I built a wall around me, 
now I cannot even breathe.

Why am I still standing in awe?
I should have learned life ain't a game I own.

I tried to speak up, but you turned the volume down.
I tried to speak up, but you said I act immaturely lately.  
A convenient person in the crowd,
looking for an escape in the state of mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touch Me (But I Don't Feel Alright)

Saints

Telephone Wires