Telephone Wires

Image result for telephone tumblr

Sitting up all night,
scrolling through my phone.
Waiting for a text or a call,
where are they when you need them?

Switching off all day,
tossing and turning all night long in the bed.
Waiting for the alarm to go off,
where am I?

I am lost.
Feeling anxious again.
I am lost.
Feeling depressed again.

Phoning all the people, just to talk nonsense.
Phoning all the people, just to cover the empty space.
What have we become?

Phoning all the people, just to pretend I'm fine.
Phoning all the people, just to stay connected.
What am I?

I am empty.
Feeling motionless again.
I am empty.
Feeling angry again.

And I can't sleep.
So, I am calling you, but you hung up.
All the thoughts are blowing up in the dark,
filling up the room with all these nasty sounds.

And I can't breathe anymore.
So, you are calling me, but I am making no sound.
All your words are blowing up in the dark,
filling up the room with unachievable ambitions.

I am feeling tired again and I don't know where I am going yet.
I am so lost and tangled up in the conversations we have.
I am feeling wired again and I need a break from this ongoing curse.
I need to switch off, take a long time off, make up for all the damage.
I can't love myself when I am tied to this curse.

I am running out of power;
there is no electricity at all.
I am in need for recuperation;
these wires worn out.
But, I don't want  to be alone.
I feel lost and I need love to get back home.

Comments

Popular Posts