I Can't Understand (the Oceans)

Image result for oceans tumblr

I woke up with the blues on the last Sunday of May.
I drunk some instant coffee.
I felt like the sun never rose and then I felt the cold wind
coming through me like your ghost when I sleep.

I lay on my bed again,
under the covers I get.
I try to undercover all the wounds
I have gotten from this love,
but I miss you much and I can't find the right words to say.

I can't find a way for us
to work nicely
when we are apart
it hurts so much
to be apart
the distance sucks
the clocks go back
I need you so much.
I love you so much.
I will wait for you.

There is something about me and you baby.
Aren't we supposed to be here together after three years of breaking hearts on the floor?
We tried to work out everything perfectly,
but fortune does not allow us to make plans.
Every time we say we are going to make it, something new comes up
and we crawl back to where we were and where we begun.
Disappointed but not surprised.
Oh God, why? I don't understand why things don't stay static.

I can't find a way to explain all these things, so I am writing this poem.
The summer is here and we try to find a way to go back to where we were on the first year,
but we feel the distance more than ever,
between our fingers,
between our minds,
between our hearts.
We can't escape, but we will make it through.
I love you.

We can make it through.
But in the meantime,
why do we always have to keep it to ourselves
in fear not to hurt each other
when it is hurting both of us when we don't talk?
We can make it through.
But in the meantime,
why do we always have to keep it low
in fear not to catch greater feelings?
I can't understand neither the oceans nor you,
but I dive into your eyes when you're watching me falling.

Can you feel the electricity coming through?
It's coming over us like a storm.
You see the wall cracking and the lights climbing to its cracks.
So, I smoke another cigar because I wanna challenge my life on how far it can go.
Can it reach the light?
Drinking another shot.
Avoiding to talk about you. if they don't ask,
pretending I don't miss you
cause I love you so much I can't understand why we are far apart.
I love you so much.
I will wait for you.
I can't understand neither the oceans nor you, but I am here for you.

Comments

Popular Posts